- An excellent learning tool for beginners.
- Features braille characters larger than standard Braille.
- Made from aluminum; boasts jumbo Braille.
- Features easy to read cells with dots that are further apart.
- Easier to use with larger cell windows.
- Has labeling tape slots to create Jumbo Braille labels.
- Comes with a durable Classic Stylus.
- Package Weight: about 2.5 ounces.
Product DescriptionJumbo Braille is exactly that - regular Braille characters that are larger than normal. The thing is, many beginning readers find it hard to tell the standard-sized cells apart from each other, because it takes time to develop sensativity in the fingertips to recognize all those smallish dots.
So, here is an aluminum slate that writes 4 lines, 18 cells of larger, jumbo Braille characters. These cells are easier to read because the dots in each cell are farther apart. It's also easier to write with this slate because the cell windows are bigger - it's less difficult for beginners to position the stylus correctly. This slate also has labeling tape slots, meaning that you can use it to create Jumbo Braille labels for kitchen appliances or household items.
Remember though, Jumbo Braille is not widely used, and few (if any) books are produced in this bigger format. Braille is already much larger than print, so though this slate is an excellent learning tool, you will want to move on to using a standard-sized Braille slate after a short time.
Ask a Question About this Product
(From the Writing Braille shelf.)