Talking Indoor-Outdoor Thermometer
- Check indoor and outdoor temperature with one button.
- Can announce temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Features volume control/shut-off switch.
- Alerts you when outside temperature drops below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees.
- Easily check each day's high and low indoor and outdoor temperatures.
- Mount on wall or stand upright on a window sill.
- Simply place near window and put 10-foot probe out window for outdoor temperature.
- When visual clock is set, toggle hourly temperature on or off between 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM.
- Boasts classy, elegant silver finish.
- Uses 2 AAA batteries (not included).
- Measures about 6 in by 3 in by 1 in.
- Package Weight: about 8.5 ounces.
Product DescriptionStay on top of the weather without going outside or opening a window with this nifty talking thermometer! At the simple touch of a button, it announces the current indoor and outdoor temperatures. Or, once you get a sighted friend to set the time, you can have the temperature automatically spoken every hour - from 7 AM to 9 PM. This classy thermometer can be mounted on the wall or stand upright on a window cill. (To set the thermometer up to read the outside temperature, simply stick the ten-foot probe out a window.) The unit can announce temperatures in either Fahrenheit or Celsius, and has a volume control/shut-off switch. Moreover, our talking thermometer alerts you when the outside temperature drops below 32 degrees (when the road may become icy) or above 100 degrees (when you'll want to bring a water bottle with you). Finally, you can easily check on each day's high and low indoor and outdoor temperatures and the overall high and low temperatures since you last reset the unit. The thermometer also has a visual clock with alarm, but the time is only displayed on-screen - it does not have the ability to speak it out loud. And of course, the elegant silver finish looks great in any environment. (Uses two AAA batteries, not included.)
Directions for the Talking Indoor-Outdoor Thermometer From Future Aids, The Braille Superstore.
Place your new thermometer on a table in front of you, with the screen facing away from you, and the probe on the left. Place the probe outside (such as through a window) so it can sense the outdoor temperature. The unit takes 2 AAA batteries, and the battery compartment is on the reverse side below the screen. Press the button to the right of the speaker (Talk) to hear the indoor and outdoor temperature.
This thermometer has a visual clock that does not talk and cannot be set audibly. If you can't get a friend to set the time for you, put the batteries in at midnight.
There are 10 function buttons directly below the speaker and talk button. Slide back the plastic cover (on the end of the unit closest to you) to access these buttons.
--Top Left: Volume.
--Bottom row, 2nd from the left: Temperature switch. Left position speaks Celcius, right position speaks Fahrenheit.
--Top Right: Speak the day's high and low temperatures.
--Bottom Right: Speak the all-time high and low temperatures since the unit was powered up.
Ask a Question About this Product
(From the Electronics shelf.)