Talking Measuring Tape
Temporarily out of stock. Usually ships in Late July.
- 16-foot tape measure makes woodworking a breeze.
- Just push button on the side to hear measurement in clear male voice.
- Standard print is also shown on measuring tape.
- Speaks in feet, inches, meters, centimeters or millimeters; converts at the touch of a button.
- You can include width of case in the total.
- Cumulative measurements of up to 3,200 feet (1 km)) can be added to memory; retained when unit is switched off.
- Takes 1 AA battery (included).
- Measures about 4-3/4 in by 3-1/2 in by 2-1/2 in.
- Package Weight: about 13.4 ounces.
Product DescriptionWoodworking is one of those hobbies blind people have always enjoyed, because it's very much a hands-on skill. So, for that empty spot on your workbench or in your carpenter's pouch, why not add a measuring tape that talks to you as you work?
This sixteen-foot metal tape measure will never be far from your hammer and drill. Simply measure a length of wood as you normally would, to determine its exact length. If working with a sighted friend, the measurement is printed on the tape like normal. Unlike normal tapes, however, you can just press the button on the side of the case to instantly hear the precise measurement spoken aloud in a clear, male voice. It speaks in feet, inches, meters, centimeters or millimeters - and converts at the touch of a button. By pressing a button you can include the width of the case in the total as well. Measurements can be added to memory to enable total measurements of almost 3,200 feet (an entire kilometer) and the memory is even retained when the unit is switched off. Takes 1 AA battery - which is included.
Ask a Question About this Product
(From the Math and Measuring shelf.)